Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dear Mother

Authors Note: This is a letter to Jenna’s Mother from Jenna, from the book “Rules of the Road” By; Joan Bauer. This piece is describing the conflict and resolution of the book.

Dear Mother,  
In the beginning I didn’t understand, I didn’t understand why you didn’t want me to go with Mrs. Gladestone on the Road Trip.  I felt as if you were trying to make me miserable and not experience new adventures.  As if you were boxing me in and not letting me live life, as if you want me to be stuck with my many problems here at home. 
However, now I get it, I understand why you were keeping me here. You were just trying to protect me and teach me to not run away from my problems. Mother, you were teaching me new life lessons and helping me get through the issues I have been having lately. So, thank you mother, for watching over me and helping me realize that I shouldn’t have gone on the road trip to run away from my problems, I should have faced them.

                                                                             Love,
                                                                                Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment