Monday, February 6, 2012

Prediction Speech

               *Authors Note: This is a Prediction piece from the book Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer.*

            In the book  Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer, Jenna, the main character is on a road trip across the country to Texas. She doesn’t really know why but all she knows is that she is driving a rich snobby woman, who happens to be her boss,  around the country in a Cadillac. On top of all of that the rich woman, Mrs. Gladstone's hip is going out and she can't walk. Also Jenna just got her drivers licenses and now she's hulling this woman around. It’s a lot of responsibility for Jenna, she is only a normal 16 year old girl, its hard for her to handle all of this responsibility.

         As I continue to read this story I get more and more into it, I really just want to read what happens in the end. I have begun to have a prediction of what will happen. I predict that Mrs. Gladstone will not give the business to her slob of a son, Elden, but she is going to give it to the hardworking Jenna.I think this because you can tell that Mrs. Gladstone really likes Jenna, and she can tell that Jenna enjoys the business and is very responsible. Mrs. Gladstone might be old and mean but she has a softer side. She will not give into Elden, in my mind she is not the weak minded. I really hope that she comes to her senses and hands over the business to Jenna, or another loyal worker of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment